What are the 5 main components of a Tower Crane? Welcome to The Kyle & Ricky Show ONLY on The Construction Channel! Today Ricky & Kyle climb to the top of a Terex Peiner SK 315 Tower crane and show us a quick glimpse of what its like at 147' above finish floor. The "Hammerhead" SK 315 has a lifting capacity of 17,600 pounds at its closest point.
Crane Operator, Mike Pricer talks about the 5 major components of a Tower Crane:
1. The Tower Crane Base which supports the crane and gives the crane its height.
2. The Slewing Ring which the crane sits on to spin left & right.
3. The Jib is in front and carries the crane's load. It also gives the crane its length across the jobsite.
4. The Counter Jib which houses the hoisting cable and all the electronics for the Tower Crane.
5. The Tower Mast which carries helps balance the load and supports the crane from tipping over.
For more about Maxim Crane Rental visit: http://www.cranerental.com
The Construction Channel is a 24 hour Construction TV Network for the world of builders, general contracting, architecture and real estate developers. We are a creative engine focused on construction industry news, markets and materials, stories and people, and entertaining content for the world of builders. We exist to tell stories of today's builders. Stories like the victories, struggles and challenges shown on our channel. Construction TV is not just about construction fails, it is about people.